Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Reading a Book

Zigglist sobbed as he packed up his belongings in a suitcase. It was a big brown suitcase. And it had a zipper. And straps with big ugly buckles. As many suitcases do. Oh, and it had a place on it where you could put a lock.

But Zigglest didn’t happen to have a lock so he didn’t use the locking part. Although he did wish he had a lock as the zipper wouldn’t stay shut and the buckles were hard to close. As is also the case with most suitcases. At least ones bought at a thrift store. Like Zigglist’s suitcase was.

Anyways, yadda, yadda, yadda. Stuff happened and everything became clear. To Zigglest and to everyone else.

And with a final glance back he grabbed the bag and left.

So todays question is:
1) Do you ever start reading a book and just want it to end?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just was trying to load some content. I actually pasted this entry from Word Perfect to the posting place.
You have to post it in the HTML spot to get it to work. But it does work. And it's easy..

Rainypete said...

Almost as easy as closing a thrift store suitcase?

Anonymous said...

Holy mackeral. I didn't even know Blogger had a new version of anything.

As to your question ... my bookshelves are lined with books that I wished would end. I usually only buy a book if the jacket somehow inspires me. Then I start reading and when I start to feel really inspired, I just want to write ... not finish reading the book. Woe is me.

Nobody ever said it was easy to be a hag though.

WH

Weary Hag said...

Allll the time, Blue2. Have missed you and the blogging world ! WearyHag .... Cerebral Outpost. Remember?